[parisc-linux] Re: HP9000/710

ste stemelchior@inwind.it
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:12:21 +0200

Well, the first error I made (why didn't I read the manual, always RTFM, i.e.
ReadThatF**ingManual) was that I didn't partitioned the HDD in the right
ways: so I did the second time I tried to install the Workstation. Imean you
must divide the HDD in at least 3 partition (for istance, /dev/sda1 for
primary where to put OS, /dev/sda5 swap and finally /dev/sda2 where you MUST
set the type to "F0", the PALO's dedicated partition).
When I reboot the system after the first try I red on the monitor: "Hard
booted" and it hanged. When I correctly partitioned the HDD, install the base
and rebooted the system, it finally booted up and everything went well!
Did you do the correct steps to partition the HDD, set the partition types
and so on?
Then did you skip the keyboard configuration during the base installation, as
mentioned in the previous mals on this ML?
Ste