[parisc-linux] Re: HP9000/710

ste stemelchior@inwind.it
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:38:44 +0200

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 20:37, dlorin@univ-rennes1.fr wrote:
> zI9@murphy>

> Yes, it seems to me it's a Vvv..WKP (a very very very well known problem),
> and the precedent answer was judicious: Skip over the keyboard's
> configuration during the installation. (In fact, the Debian's Installer
> (see 'dbootstrap') doesn't hang completely, if you're trying to fix the
> keymap at this stage. But the keys get random defined) As soon as Woody is
> installed on your hard drive and after the first reboot, you can configure
> your keyboard, running: 'kbdconfig' as root. Good Luck.
> (nota: there is a lot of mails about it, in the mail-list of debian-hppa)

YES I got it. I finally installed the Debian GNU/Linux on my own HP WS (I was
an HP High-Availability Engineer, but I had always worked on HP9000 Servers
and I never tried to install Linux on my HP9000/710 the last few days!). I am
too excited!!! well the base system is well installed now, tonight I am going
to proceed with the other useful pkgs.
Thanx guyz
Ste