[parisc-linux] HP9000/710

Robert Boehm robert@olsztyn.ken.pl
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:18:17 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "ste" <stemelchior@inwind.it>
To: <debian-hppa@lists.debian.org>; <parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 3:58 PM
Subject: [parisc-linux] HP9000/710

> Hi guys,
> I have got an old HP workstation (with DDS, CDROM drive) and when I tried
> install Debian-HPPA 0.9.3 on it makes impossible the installation at the
> point when you have to configure the keyboard. I mean that ( I got and old
> HP-HIL keyboard, you know the one with the RJ45-like connector) I weel can
> see on monitor the choises but I am able only to move the cursor upward or
> downward. Then it hangs!!! my question is: how to procede in this step of
> installation?
    Don't choose any keyboard mapping. Go to the next step.
    It works with default kernel mapping.
    I have 710 too, and ISO 0.9.3 works fine, but without HIL and serial
mouse.
    With the new  kernel pa-46 HIL mouse works but serial still not.
    In the new kernel the keyboard mapping is bad but HIL mouse plays fine.

                                                                    Robert
Boehm