[parisc-linux] Problem find devices on the E55 I/O interfaces

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:50:26 +0100

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:26:53AM +0200, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> So, the devices below may be the HP-PB bus, as you mentioned.
> The resulting question: is this HP-PB bus now transperent ?
> Why are the devices not found ?
>
> The point confusing me, is that the PDC boot monitor can display the
> hardware paths below the "56", but Linux calling PDC calls cannot see
> those devices, independent, if the device type is really know or only
> found as unknown.

Ah!  Now I understand why you were so confused ;-)

Yes, PDC tells us about some devices, but not all.  We have to walk
the native busses to find the remaining devices.  What's a native bus?
Uhh.. can't remember, ask grant.  The central bus will be native and
I'm sure GSC is also native.  I believe HP-PB must be native too, since
I seem to remember rbrad finding more devices once he walked the HP-PB
busses on his K class.