[parisc-linux] Power Button doesn't turn machine off anymore

Joachim Steiger roh@hyte.de
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:03:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> ok, I checked my kern.log:
>
> The last time the "Gecko-style soft power enabled" turns up in the log
> is today.
>
> But it doesn't work anymore!
> I can "turn off" the machine, but it doesn't halt itself or go down.
>
> I'm running 2.4.18-pa46, it wasn't working with pa42 either, IMHO pa40
> was still working. In pa35 it was definitely still working!

i'm running
Linux version 2.4.17-32 (root@paer) (gcc version 3.0.4) #1 Sat Mar 16
17:09:00 MST 2002
from debian-unstable here and have the same effect
Enabled gecko-style soft power switch.
is printed out in my kernellog so i think it 'should' work
the machine is a 712/80 and this is the first kernel i run on it, so i
cannot tell you if it ever worked... it just doesnt work for me

can somebody with insight in the code please describe how it should work?

i have no clue if there is something like a apmd/acpid i should run.

tia

roh