[parisc-linux] Power Button doesn't turn machine off anymore

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:51:17 +0200

Le mardi 2 juillet 2002, =E0 08:35 , Ralf Hildebrandt a =E9crit :

> ok, I checked my kern.log:
>
> The last time the "Gecko-style soft power enabled" turns up in the log
> is today.
>
> But it doesn't work anymore!
> I can "turn off" the machine, but it doesn't halt itself or go down.
I had the same problem on a 712 and a B132.
Though I hadn't time to try again with 712, the simple fact of rebooting=20=

the B132 again made it work.

On another one it work at first shot...

This is quite weird...

> I'm running 2.4.18-pa46, it wasn't working with pa42 either, IMHO pa40
> was still working. In pa35 it was definitely still working!
tried -pa45, but no change was made between pa45 and pa46 on that part.
pa42 didn't work either...

It seems that it is related to the changes Helge did in pa42... :)

Thibaut VARENE
PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/