[parisc-linux] 24bit colour

Joel Soete joel.soete@freebel.net
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:15:14 +0000

Hey,

I found on this site <ftp://ftp.cirr.com/pub/hppa/mklinux/>
some patch against X11R6(.3?).

Could that be interesting?

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 03:43:46PM +0200, joel.soete@freebel.net wrote:
>
>>Quoting Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org>:
>>
>>>it's probably less work to teach XFree86 how to talk to your gfx card
>>>than it is to get the HPUX X server to run on Linux.
>>
>>I would prefer also but is there any documentation about this interface?
>

> i meant that it's probably less work to reverse-engineer the interface
> and implement it in XFree86 than it is to get the HPUX X server working.

That is I would like to read. But it is already too hard for me to hack
linux kernel (with kernel sources). So i do not even have the very
begining of a small idea about how to hack HPUX. Sorry.

Joel