[parisc-linux] Odd kernel error

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:00:21 -0900 (AKST)

Compiling the latest from CVS (-pa16, I think) and at the final make, when
gcc is actually doing the '-o vmlinux' I'm getting:

drivers/video/video.o: In function 'L1260':
drivers/video/video.o(.init.text+0x2554): undefined reference to
'fbcon_sti'
drivers/video/video.o(.init.text+0x255c): undefined reference to
'fbcon_sti'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

This happened with -pa15 also. I downloaded the pre-built -pa15 kernel and
it boots fine, though. Checking, I realized I had disabled PCI in my
config (it's a 715/100, no PCI in it), and remembered some discussion
about PCI being a 'depends-on' item for some things... Is it possible this
is a 'needs PCI' issue?

I have a new kernel compile going on now, with PCI enabled, so we'll see
what happens, but figured I'd toss it out in case someone else is seeing
this.