[parisc-linux] vmlinux header for savecrash.

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:30:54 -0700

Andreas Deresch wrote:
> > Isn't /vmlinux a symlink to /boot/vmlinux?
> > ie the file palo loaded is whatever the symlink points to.
> Can you guarantee, that everybody will have this link?

Of course not. I'm refering to a default installation.
I delete that link and replace /etc/palo.conf with my own.
But I'm hardly a "regular" user.

> (I for example don't right now - I always thought, this is just for
> historical reasons)

> > BTW, I explicitly specify /boot/vmlinux in my palo.conf files
> > and see 3/boot/vmlinux in my palo command line.
> Which means, /boot is not a separate partition as some people like to keep
> it. So you can't count on that either.

Right. I like to have lots of room for kernels. :^)
And if one wanted to have / as an ext3, it would make
sense to have /boot as an ext2 for loading kernels and then
the / could be the rest of the disk (ignoring the 2GB
IODC limitation).

grant