[parisc-linux] Trouble installing 0.9.3 on 735/99

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:05:48 -0500

> > Hi all:
> >
> > * drop to shell, do "mkdir /inst ; mount /dev/sdb /inst -t iso9660"
> >
> > Note that this last step only sometimes works. That is, only sometimes does
> > the install program see the mounted directory.
>
> Are you confident that you are terminating the external scsi bus
> properly?  0.9.2 ISO used an older slower scsi driver that was possibly
> less susceptible to bad termination.
>
> Richard

I can't get any of the 715/50's to run stably with the newer
SCSI driver. And after testing I can almost pinpoint with 95%
accuracy tha it's the new driver.

I have yet to go about running the latest kernel with the sim700
driver. Though if I get some time this afternoon I will.
(Just spent some time adding diskless 715/50's to our cluster)

Has anyone been able to get SCSI disks that are not from HP
to work on the 715's? (New terminator? Different terminator?)

c.