[parisc-linux] Trouble installing 0.9.3 on 735/99

Christian Suder csuder@cisco.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:25:06 -0800

Hmm,

are you able to do a network install, e.g. from NFS ? A while ago when I
had frequent FS corruptions I had a setup that had vmlinux and the install
root ramdisk "ready to go" in the f0 partition. Just had to give it the
correct parameters at the PALO prompt, choose NFS as source and off I was
leveling the linux partition... ;-)

Basically you should be able to do the same, boot into the installer from
the second disk and do a regular network install. You would not need to do
some funky stuff in the shell.

         Christian