[parisc-linux] Booting to ISL with Linux installed

Björn Bylander bjorn.bylander@telia.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:10:55 +0100

Hello,

I recently acquired a HP 712/80 system. I've installed PA-RISC Linux 0.9.3 on it and it runs fine.
I've got one problem though. I don't know how to get to ISL after I installed Linux.
The reason I want to use ISL is that I want to (try) to make the machine use a serial console.
Before I installed Linux the machine booted into ISL automatically as the HD was wiped (or at least not bootable) but if I try to boot to ISL now with 'boot pri isl' (from BOOT_ADMIN) I only get to the 'configuration mode' of PALO where you can enter the kernel and other boot stuff.

All in all, how can I get to the ISL> prompt so that I can use 'conspath 2/0/4.0x283'?

Thanks in advance,
Björn Bylander