[parisc-linux] Boot console problems

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:38:54 +0100

Hello !

In my oppinion, this has nothing to do with the control lines.
The behavior would be different.

The problem you have, Philipp is the line-feed, carriage return
topic, a always hot topic.
You can simple try to use Ctrl-J (^J) instead of <return>. Or try
to use ^J and then <return> or the other way round. Then the machine
will perhaps react to your commands !

The problem is simple a setup problem. Tricky is to find a setup
of
- exchange LF by CR or the other way round
- add LF in some cases
- ignore CR is some cases.

With `stty' on the machine running the front end (minicom) you can
play around, or use `minicom' built in configuration.

With friedly regards
Christoph P.