[parisc-linux] rlogin --> Connection closed.

phi 4369 phi@hpfrcu81.france.hp.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:18:58 +0100

> > Do you have rsh-server installed as well?
>
> Oh, you must if you're getting that login.

Yes indeed
>From Contents-hppa
usr/share/man/man8/in.rlogind.8.gz                          net/rsh-server

> > Have you looked in /var/log/auth.log?
>
> This still might be useful.

Yes plenty of things like this
Jan 16 16:08:56 iws1pb02 PAM_unix[191]: (login) session opened for user phi by
(uid=0)

> Not awake enough to be answering email,

I see :-) time to go to sleep for me :-)

Apparently nobody saw that I provided this funne workaround

while :
do rlogin iws1pb02
done

iws1pb05:/home/phi> while :
do rlogin iws1pb02
done
Connection closed.
Connection closed.
Connection closed.
Connection closed.
Last login: Wed Jan 16 20:03:52 2002 from iws1pb05 on pts/0
Linux iws1pb02 2.4.17-pa11 #4 Wed Jan 16 10:48:18 CET 2002 parisc unknown
iws1pb02:/home/phi>

If something was wrong with the authentication setup, this while loop would
never succeed, sometime I got it working, here after the 4th attempt

I would like to add the rcp works fine as well as remsh from my B2000 HPUX11
to my palinux box, only the rlogin have problem sometimes...

I am netwoking iliterate, do you think timing could be a factor, do we need a
trace here?

Phi

--
mailto:Philippe_Benard@hp.com