[parisc-linux] IBM TR patch

Daniel Engstrom 5116@telia.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:10:52 +0100

On 2002.01.14 20:53 Jochen Friedrich wrote:
> Hi there,
HI
> this patch fixes some endianess issues of the current ibmtr driver.
> Although the current uses of htons() etc look correct, they are not: the
> writew/readw API already do the byte swap on big endian machines.

I think the driver was correct. The i/o layer should not try to byteswap
the io requests, because it can not second-guess what the driver is doing.

And in the case of the tr driver it now does two swaps for each word it tranfers on
big endian platforms instad of zero.

The ne2000 driver had the same problem, but I removed the swaps from the parisc i/o code
instad of touching the driver.

/Daniel