[parisc-linux] IBM TR patch

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:11:58 -0800

> this patch fixes some endianess issues of the current ibmtr driver.
> Although the current uses of htons() etc look correct, they are not: the
> writew/readw API already do the byte swap on big endian machines.

the write/read macros are defined for pci accesses, and as such take a
LE point of view with respect to memory accesses. I take it that you are
not accessing a PCI device, so that's why you are having problems with
endianess.  I suspect your patch will break the driver on PCI devices...
(assuming there are both PCI and [E]ISA versions of the device that
share the same driver).

> Additionally, i added a switch to turn off IPv4 summing. This might be
> needed for IPv6 and is absolutely necessary on HP PARISC platform with the
> current broken ioremap implementation. The IPv4 summing is the only place
> in the driver that accesses memory directly without the readX or
> memcpy_fromio macros.

How is ioremap broken? (Just curious). From what I understand ioremap is
currently a nop in the parisc-linux vm/io design.

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/
  (----)