[parisc-linux] Re: [lug] serial breakout box

Allen Brown abrown@peak.org
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:47:43 -0800

The breakout box is probably most convenient.  I've never had access
to one.  But the first thing you need to determine is if you need
to crossover or not.  You can do that with just a voltmeter.

Pin 7 is GND.  Pins 2 and 3 are the input and outputs, not necessarily
in that order.  Measure from 7 to 2.  Measure from 7 to 3.  One
of them will be close to 0V.  The other will be much higher.  I think
-10V or something like that.  The pin with the higher voltage is
the output.

Do the same thing on the other system also using the 25 pin connector.
Then make sure you are not connecting the output to the output.
--
Allen Brown
  work: Agilent Technologies      non-work: http://www.peak.org/~abrown/