[parisc-linux] Installation console problem

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:52:26 +0000

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:11:42PM +0100, Rodolfo Baselli wrote:
> Hi out there!
> I'm trying to install the 0.9.3 CD on a HP9000/E45/A3130AW.
> I managed to boot the image, but then I got this message on the serial
> line console:
> "If this is the last message you see, you may need to switch your
> console. This is a common symptom - search the FAQ and mailing lists"
> but I found nothing, since I'm asking you... :-(
> What's happened?

The E45 isn't supported, unfortunately.  See the mailing list archives
for details, but basically the serial port needs a new driver and the
SCSI card needs a new driver.  Documentation for both of these cards is
not publically available.