[parisc-linux] 0.9.3 on a graphics console

Arjen Hommersom arjenh@chello.nl
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:17:50 +0100

Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> about your problem you might find answers there:
> http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-
> linux/2001-December/014912.html

This person succeeded with a serial console. Any reports of people
succeeding with a graphics console?

> Could you please tell us what procedure you used to install (CD,
> network...), what is you exact hardware configuration, what boot args
> you exactly typed, and any further info you might think useful to add...

I'm trying to do a network install. I installed bootpd on an Debian/i386
machine and i boot with
 > boot lan
I chose not to interact with IPL, so it used default boot args.

For hardware.. it's a C240 and sam reports a HP visualize FX2(4) as a
graphics card that is connected to a VGA monitor which works ok in
HP-UX. If you can tell me how to get more detailed hardware information
in HP UX, i'll be happy to provide it.

>> I'm trying to install 0.9.3 with a graphics console on a C240, but
>> the system stops at:
>> Branching the kernel entry point 0x00100000.
>>
>> I've seen reports of people succeeding it with a serial console.
>> Before i try to find out how that works (i've never used a serial
>> console before), i'm wondering if there will be a 0.9.4 in the near
>> future that supports this setup.

Arjen Hommersom