[parisc-linux] bogomips?

MichaelS.Zick MichaelS.Zick
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:53:32 -0600

Oops,
I am once again exposed as a fool.  Please ignore my earlier copy of this
message - I didn't read the full reference.  The change from 1.0 * clock to
2.0 * clock is described in the reference.
Sorry folks,
Mike

On Sunday 13 January 2002 04:12 am, Christian Suder wrote:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/BogoMips.html
>
> For those who believe BogoMips matter..... ;-)
>
> 	Christian

Well, I would never claim that BogoMips is, in its self, useful for anything.

But since its code is closely related to the udelay code, which affects
scheduling and many drivers...

Once upon a time, both my Celeron and my P-II reported approximately 1.00 *
clock (same as above reference), then with some change of kernel version,
jumped to 2.00 * clock.

BUT, that might have been an intentional change in the routine, or...

No promises on this one: I sometimes keep old kernels, perhaps I can find the
"before and after" kernels where I noticed the change.

Mike