[parisc-linux] 712/80 - 7cdroms - scsi prbl

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:10:24 -0700

"Sorin Ghinescu" wrote:
> I'm booting from my external cd-rom but it seems that the kernel is
> fooled by something because it creates 7 cd-rom devices for all the scsi
> targets available leaving no room for the hd. If I switch the cd-rom off
> then I get 7 hds!

This typically means the HD is set to the same SCSI ID as the
interface controller (NCR 53c710 logic on LASI). Host ID is
7 by default. Verify the HD is set to something else.

It's possible the lasi scsi driver is broken and setting the
initiator to 0 (or something other than 7).

grant