[parisc-linux] binutils: opcodes and bfd

Christopher C. Chimelis chris@debian.org
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:08:40 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Bruno Vidal wrote:

> First, thanks for your feedback, now the dump modules is working fine.
> The system is able to dump. But now I need to modify the tool to retrieve
> the dump. But I need bfd and opcode: libbfd.a and libopcode.a. It is part
> of the binutil package. But in the last debian package this two librairies
> are missing.

You need the binutils-dev package installed.  It also contains the .so
symlinks that you may need :-)

At first, I was stunned to read the above since I personally built the
binutils debs on the a500 and uploaded them (I'm the maintainer, btw :-P),
but then realised that you were looking for binutil (no 's') and that's
why you couldn't find it :-)