[parisc-linux] 712/80 - 7cdroms - scsi prbl

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:45:32 -0700

"Sorin Ghinescu" writes...

> Hi guys,
> I'm trying to install parisc-linux on 712/80.
> I don't know if this is actually an OS problem or a hardware problem but
> you may have experienced it and could help me.
> I'm booting from my external cd-rom but it seems that the kernel is
> fooled by something because it creates 7 cd-rom devices for all the scsi
> targets available leaving no room for the hd. If I switch the cd-rom off
> then I get 7 hds!
> Has anyone experienced this?

Check and make sure that none of your scsi ids are conflicting, don't
forget the controller is at id 7. Also check your cables and termination.
If it still doesn't work try a different hard drive.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation