[parisc-linux] loading the dump modules: will taint the kernel.

Bryan W. Headley bheadley@interaccess.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 11:21:13 -0600

Bruno Vidal wrote:

> 	Hi
> I've created a modules for the dump driver. When loading the
> modules I receive the following message:
> #insmod dump
> Using /lib/modules/2.4.17-pa3/kernel/drivers/dump/dump.o
> Warning: loading /lib/modules/2.4.17-pa3/kernel/drivers/dump/dump.o will taint the kernel: no license
>
> But everything seems okay, the modules is here, everything is here ???
> What means this message ?
>
> 	thanks.

Did you/Are you releasing this module under a GPL license? Then add to
the source,

MODULE_AUTHOR("James Bottomley");
MODULE_DESCRIPTION("lasi700 SCSI Driver");
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
MODULE_PARM(lasi700, "s");

Of course, change the author, description and parameters. See
include/linux/modules.h for docs, other macros. The other license types
are listed in there, too.

--
Bryan W. Headley - bheadley@interaccess.com