[parisc-linux] HP 712/60

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:44:39 -0500

> Hi!
> I have a HP 712/60 sitting in my room doing nothing, it has no memory so i'm debating whether or not i should get it up and running.
> Basicly, anybody know what memory it uses (i assume ecc 72-pin simm) and anybody know what it performs like or whats supported in linux (sound/gfx/lan)
> Thanks for any help ;P
>
> --jbit

Jbit,

Our 712/60 works marvels! It's a great little box and I used to do
daily glibc / gcc / linux compiles on the box (mind you it would take
about 8 hrs to compile glibc).

The fb code works great on the 712/60... the first time I saw the
penguin in the conrner of the bootup screen made me smile :)

ditto for lan (AUI/RJ45) ... works great.

Sound? Never tried. Haven enough MP3 playing boxes in the office ^__^;;

c.