[parisc-linux] Installing from network

Jaap Boender jaapb@kerguelen.org
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:47:39 +0100

Hi,

I've got a 712/60, on which I'd like to install Linux. So, being of simple
mind, I downloaded the palinux-0.9.3-base ISO image and set up DHCP so the
712 boots this file. This works quite well - up to a point. The image boots,
and the installer starts; however, when it wants to install a kernel and
drivers onto the hard drive, it hangs. I can restart the installer with Ctrl-C
at this point, but I can't get past this point in the installation.

Manually unpacking the drivers.tgz file from a shell gives the same result.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is it simply lack of memory (the box only
has 16 Mb), or should I just boot another way? I'd appreciate any help.

Yours,

  Jaap Boender
---
Coffee, Coffee muß ich haben,