Fwd: Re: [parisc-linux] mpg321 on 715/64?

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:55:33 -0700

Helge Deller writes...

> CC'ed to to the list too:

> Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] mpg321 on 715/64?
> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:49:00 +0100
> From: Helge Deller <helge.deller@sap.com>
> To: "Peter Lavender" <plaven@bigpond.net.au>
>
> > > Get yourself the latest kernel (>= 2.4.17-pa5) and update to the latest
> > > mpg321 and it will work perfectly on your machine.
> > > I tested it myself on my 715/64.
> >
> > OK..
> >
> > Now to be a total annoying slacker newbie.. can I apt-get install the
> > kernel?
>
> No.

That's not quite right. You can't always apt-get the latest, bleeding edge
kernel, but there are fairly new, stable kernel-image-* packages for hppa in
the Debian archive. You can apt-get those and it works as expected.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation