Fwd: Re: [parisc-linux] mpg321 on 715/64?

Peter Lavender plaven@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 06:47:19 +1100

> > You need to build it yourself. You may download a daily kernel source
> > snapshot as tarball from ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org:21/cvs/ (though,
> >  2.4.17-pa5 isn't  there yet since I committed it yesterday night and
this
> >  directory will be only updated once a day. Wait til' later today or
> >  tomorrow.), or
> > check out the sources from CVS (http://cvs.parisc-linux.org).
>
> Or look in <ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/32/> in a day or two.
> Should find fresh kernel builds there on a daily basis, I think.

There's a kernel there.  Is this just a drop in  replacement?

While I'm at asking stupid questions, what packages so I need install to
build kernels?   I installed the 0.9.3 release, but make and it's pals are
missing.

Generally I have just installed RH and included the dev stuff as part of the
install.

Thanks,

Pete