[parisc-linux] PALinux on HP9000/735-125

Sven Cronenberg sven.cronenberg@web.de
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:42:26 +0100

I installed PALinux 0.93 on my HP9000/735 running hat 125Mhz. I use
a SCSI Disk connected to the narrow SCSI canel and the CRX48z
graphics system.

Im using kernel version 2.14.16-pa24 and updated the debian packages like
mentioned in the 0.9.3. errata section today.

Some questions:
- I tried execessing the framebufferdevice. 'fbset' report '/dev/fb0: no
such device'
  though the STI console works fine as a text-console. Whats the reasion
for that error?
  Can I currently use the framebuffer device on the HP9000/735?
- has someone been able to make the 100mbit EISA-ethernet-card 3c597 work
  in the HP9000/735 under Linux?
- can I enable a german keymap for the HIL keyboard (trying to do this
during the
  installation made the keyboard totaly unusable so I had to reboot )?
- is the HIL mouse still unsupported or is there a patch or so to make
it work?

But inspite of all these problems:
Nice work. It's great to see my PARISC Box running a free operating
system instead
the obsolute HPUX 10.20.

Sven