[parisc-linux] Need five #defines, please.....

Christian Suder csuder@cisco.com
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:58:06 -0800

At 11:31 PM 1/4/2002 +0100, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:25:59AM -0800, Christian Suder wrote:
> > I'm trying to skin the lizard (mozilla 0.9.7). I can build with the linux
> > default pthreads, but it doesn' work, windows show up but the content is
> > not drawn etc.. Hence I'd like to try a build with "classic" NSPR, which
> > implements it's own threading mechanism. Problem : There is a couple of
> > hardware-specific definitions that I don't know how to do, but somebody
>
>I don't thing anyone has ported libc5 to hppa. Those missing defines are
>libc5 hooks, iirc.

If I'm not mistaken libc5 <=> glibc1 and libc6 <=> glibc2, these are the
ones for glibc2. In any case it runs on a (Linux-)Sparc with glibc2.

>Fixing pthreads would be much more productive.

Agree. However I believe the problems to be caused by sloppy programming in
terms of thread handling, at least that was the issue I had with the pan
newsreader (which behaved similar, btw). I don't think that can be fixed in
the NSPR abstraction layer if it is caused by the application not calling
the appropriate functions when needed. And I'm not going to dig through 160
MB of source to find where somebody didn't initialize something
correctly.... I'm going back and forth though to see if it is something hat
can be done in NSPR.

Especially when in the end I don't want to run mozilla anyways. I just want
the rendering engine to work so some more lightweight client like galeon
can be used.

         Christian