[parisc-linux] DSL on a 715/80 with rp-pppoe

Peter Mottram peter@petescaff.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:51:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Richard Hirst wrote:
[snip]
> Is it possible you now have CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y, and didn't before?
>
> Does adding a fake sbin/hotplug fix it?

The 2.4.9 Debian kernal package had hotplug disabled but the 2.4.16
package has it enabled. After a quick apt-get install of hotplug I have a
happy system again. I have filed a bug report to Debian on the kernel
package requesting a dependency on hotplug. This is obviously not the real
fix that is needed, but it would at least prevent this kind of problem for
anyone else.

Cheers
PeteM