[parisc-linux] DSL on a 715/80 with rp-pppoe

Hinrich Aue hinrich_aue@yahoo.de
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:35:39 +0100 (CET)

Ok, thats what i did.

Girst I had to make the ne2000 run. With pa27-Version
of the kernel the driver loaded without problems, and
I started.
The first big Problem was the missing /sbin/hotplug
script. That caused a massive trap15.
I first inserted a dummy script, but something else
was wrong, and I thought it was the dummy-script. So I
made apt-get install hotplug, which installed another
/sbin/hotplug script, but nothing changed of course.
Than I found an excellent howto (german one)
http://www.adsl4linux.de
that helped me alot to configure stuff.

I think rp-pppoe performs better than pppoed, and is
much more stable.

I think the main Problem lies between my ears, because
I never installed debian, and it's hard to configure.

If somebody has questions, My email is H_Aue@t-online.de

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de