[parisc-linux] PA-RISC 0.9.3 + C200 + Visualize-EG = HPMC

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:35:51 -0900 (AKST)

> > The graphics card on my C200 is a Visualize-EG (A4450A) which is, I
> > believe, a GSC vs. PCI card. In any case, trying to start X blanks the
> > screen, then a few seconds later I get a High Priority Machine Check
> > error as the workstation locks up. Any insights or workarounds most
> > appreciated!
>
> that's the problem!
> I have a C240 with the same graphics card. It is (still) unsupported.
> You have to wait until s.o. develops a working driver (or implement
> it by yourself)

I've been fighting the same HPMC on my C180; I used the same XF86Config-4
file that works perfectly on the 715/100 I just got rid of, same versions
of everythig, etc. Mine has the onboard video, but I didn't think to look
into what it actually is.

Is there a simple way to tell what kind of video is in these? I'm at work,
so I don't have the machine in front of me to play with, testing commands,
but does something simple like 'fbset -i' tell you what's in there? Or
perhaps the appropriate line in dmesg says 'Visualize EG' or something?