[parisc-linux] gcc (g++) problem

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:20:05 -0500 (EST)

> > Suggest trying the debian 3.1 prerelease build.  Search the list to find
> > how to get it.
>
> something is broken in the debian 3.1 snapshot package,
> unfortunately....

No, the problem is 3.1 was built with a recent version of binutils
which supports --eh-frame-hdr.  This change also involved changing
the way libgcc and the shared version of libgcc were linked with
shared libraries.  Do you recall your report of a build failure of
3.1 linking libstdc++?  My trying to fix this problem lead to a
heated discussion on gcc-patches.  My fix was reverted, then further
problems arose, and a new patch affecting the linkage of libgcc
was installed yesterday.

> legolas[20:35] ~% /usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/bin/g++ -o foo foo.cc
> /usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '--eh-frame-hdr'
> /usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Dave