[parisc-linux] Failed Firmware Update...

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:15:40 -0700

"Thomas Schmid" wrote:
> well, after following some threads in this list about firmware updates,
> I decided to update my 715 to the current 1.6, up from 1.1.
> - Question: The machine I (now) had was a 715/100XC; can it be that the
> 1.6 firmware update is not suitable for that variant of the 715/100 ?

That's correct. latest firmware for 715/100XC was v 1.2.

> - Is there still hope to revive the machine ? (without HP's support...)

Maybe.
You need to get access to a "dagger" card that is loaded with
v1.2 and it can be blasted on the box. I have such a card but
it currently has 712 firmware on it.

hth,
grant

Grant Grundler