[parisc-linux] Is there a hard-drive image for PA-RISC Linux 0.9.3?

Jeremy C. Reed reed@reedmedia.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:21:24 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Bryan W. Headley wrote:

> > Isn't it possible to use 'dd if=palinux.iso of=/dev/sda' and end up with a
> > "CD on a disk"? Or somethign similar? Would require a disposable 1G SCSI
> > drive, but it'd at least work...

I didn't think that this was possible, but I can give it a try.

> Assuming no "reasonable assumptions" made by the boot ROM precludes it
> ("iso9660 on a disc? No.") Worst case is mount the iso image on another
> linux box, and use nfsroot/rboot. Personally, I'd just find a friend
> with a CD burner and write on CD/R media. Lot less cantankerous, believe me!

Wel, I have the CD burner; I just don't have a SCSI CD drive for my HP 710 :)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/