[parisc-linux] gcc-3.1 && k-2.4.17-pa27 50/50(was Re: hppa-linux gcc-3.0.3:)

Joël Soete jso@europay.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:53:32 +0100

Hi all,

Test  summary: I follow the recipe to build a kernel with binutils snapshot
20020218; gcc snapshot 20020218; glibc debian sources and last cvs kernel
2.4.17-pa27 and palo .

I do not notice compile error :-)) (Hmm only note in dmesg  some
do_page_fault() pid=... command='conftest' ... during glibc rebuild, I am
not sure; I do not find any trace in my logs? ).

Also I install this kernel and reboot the server with it.

Well it boot well and seems to run well in mutli-user mode with minimun
daemon running.

Just inetd seems to make the system panic after a simple telnet:
Kernel fault: Code=15 regs=...

David is it the problem of bootstrap you spoke about binutils?

Matthias very sorry but I do not yet find your new package(s) (neither on
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc* neither on ftp.de.debian.org).
Must I be more patient? (I do not know anything about debian life cycle pkg
:( )
Hmm I do not find more where you upload your snapshot 20020216?

Thanks a lot to all for all info,
     Joel

                    Matthias
                    Klose                To:     "Joël Soete" <jso@europay.com>
                    <doko@cs.tu-b        cc:     parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.org
                    erlin.de>            Subject:     Re: [parisc-linux] Re: hppa-linux gcc-3.0.3:

                    19-02-02
                    10:57 PM

Joël Soete writes:

> David,
>
> It seems Ok: just finished the first step of compiling gcc (snapshot
dated
> 020218 from sources.redhat.com because I do not find where Matthias
> uploaded its snapshot :( ) with echo $? -> after make :-).

It's now in the unstable/sid distribution.

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.