[parisc-linux] Re: hppa-linux gcc-3.0.3:

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:41:03 -0500 (EST)

> Thanks for advise but I speek well about the new (annonced on
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html: ...The next major release, GCC
> 3.1,...) gcc release 3.1.

I am building 3.1 experimental regularly from the main gcc cvs source.
I have built glibc with it.  You probably should get the cvs binutils
because it contains a long branch related fix which will cause a seg
fault early in the bootstrap.  You can avoid it by using "-O2" in
stage1.  I have a couple of small fixes that need to go in regarding
linking with milli and pthreads routines.  The gcc testsuite (expect)
seems to trigger a parisc-linux bug which fills /var with page fault
error mesages.

I am currently trying to get dw2 unwinding working.

Dave