[parisc-linux] Getting a D370 off the ground

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:50:14 +0000

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:39:40AM -0500, Roylance, Stephen D. wrote:
> OK, looks like I have two PA8000's.  I apt-get upgraded to unstable and
> d/l'ed the latest kernel tar.gz.
> I'm getting an error trying to compile a 64 bit SMP kernel:
> make[1]: hppa64-linux-gcc: Command not found

Yeah, I don't think we have 64-bit compilers packaged properly yet.
you can get some 64-bit debs from:
http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/unofficial-debs/

though i still recommend running a 32-bit kernel unless you really need
a 64-bit kernel (eg have >4GB of ram or have firmware which only supports
64-bit mode.)