[parisc-linux] serial baud_base, high baud rates and divisors

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:36:24 +0000

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:50:20PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Enrik Berkhan wrote:
> > BTW, drivers/gsc/serial.c does no request_mem_region(). Is this in-
> > tentional?
>
> probably. Check if an entry for serial exists in /prc/iomem.
> At one point, the device discover code was changed to automatically
> do the request_mem_region() devics firmware told us about.

Where `one point' == `last night' :-)

I'm not quite sure about the way I've done it -- I might set it up to
always claim rather than only claim on device detection, and take the
name from the hardware database rather than the driver.

I suspect I've broken module unload with the current code, and I need
a release_mem_region on deregistration... investigating now.