[parisc-linux] how to set up an apt-proxy for debian hppa ?

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:46:49 +0000

Hi all,

I want to keep my C240 uptodate,
but unfortunately I don't have a Internet connection at home.
(This would cost me a fortune and here in Ireland you can't
get much more than 56.6k anyway)

However, I have a Internet connection (100Mbit) at work
(university) and I have a laptop at work that I can use at home.

I don't think that I'd be allowed to take my C240 to the university
in order to do an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade; moreover it's
damn heavy ;-)
Therefore I want to fetch the latest hppa-packages and save them
on my laptop and use the laptop as a kind of apt-proxy.

I don't have any clue how the debian package management works,
but is all I need to do mirror the URLs listed in the
/etc/apt/sources.list (at least the hppa-specific directories),
e.g. by using wget ?

Since there is Win2k preinstalled on the laptop I have to
use a solution that runs on Windows!
(at least my PC at work is 100% MS free ;)
Is there a mini-howto or software available that solves my problem
(except http://sourceforge.net/projects/apt-proxy/) ?

Any hints ?

greetings max