[parisc-linux] misaligned data

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:50:05 -0500 (EST)

> > I'd wonder more about the packed attribute on sctp_init_chunk_t and
> > sctp_inithdr_t.
>
> I think that's the problem.

I am not aware of any specific code in the backend related to the
handling of packed structures.  So, this is likely a generic problem,
maybe on big endian machines.

> > What version of gcc?
>
> In reflecting on it a bit more, I'm pretty sure I tried gcc-3.2
> and came to the same result.
> ("gcc version 3.2.2 20021212 (Debian prerelease)")

There are some fixes in the passing of small structs in 3.3 (less
than 8 bytes).  This affects varargs and library functions that
pass small structs by value.

Dave