[parisc-linux] 2.5 randomly kills applications with page faults

James Bottomley James.Bottomley@steeleye.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:46:57 -0600

grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com said:
> where STREGM/LDREGM are new macros that use st<X>,ma instructions.

Actually, I found STREG,ma and LDREG,mb worked for me.

grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com said:
> but, given the assertion we could take an interrupt between line 96 and
> 107, would an interrupt between 95/96 cause Bad Things (tm) to happen?

Not according to the parisc assembler manual.  As long as we can guarantee
that the stack is incremented before the value is stored (which seems to be
what STREG,ma seems to assure), we should be fine.

James