[parisc-linux] still problems with PCI IDE controller

Joerg Steindlberger j@steindlberger.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:18:14 +0100

Hi Grant

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 22:24, Grant Grundler wrote:
> IDE in PIO Mode (ie not using DMA) does not play well with the
> rest of the system.
Okay. I now set hdparm -c 1 /dev/... and hdparm -d 1 /dev/... -- before=20
starting the softwareRAID. The RAID1 is syncing this moment with about 2=20
Mbyte/s. I think I'll stop it now and mount the shorter 80pin cable again=
 and=20
play with some speed settings. My earlier problem with DMA was, that the=20
kernal crashed when setting the CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=3Dy.
> Nope. IDE is EEEeevil ;^)
Yes, I know. But what would You pay for two 80 GB disks?

Regards
Joerg