[parisc-linux] quad tulip now not functional in 2.4.20

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:30:40 +0100

Hi Grant,

>On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 04:14:10PM +0100, jsoe0708@tiscali.be wrote:
>> >I will try to revert tulip driver and advise you.
>> Well I find some minutes to do this reverse and it works.
>> Still have to find the bug ?
>
>Unfortunately yes.
>But since the diff is small, it's alot easier.
>
>I'm most suspicious about the added checks for length field in eeprom.
>But I'll review the diff again and tinker with it today or tomorrow.
>I added that thinking that code only gets executed when there is no
>phy table (eg built-in). But the add-on cards do have a phy table.

(well it seems I do mistake when sent following info)
[also because diff is small]
In eeprom.c I also suspect:
line 193: if (ee_data[27] =3D=3D 0 || ee_data[ee_data[27]] =3D=3D 0) {

which I only reverse into:
if (ee_data[27] =3D=3D 0) {

and it works. Unforunately I do not have enough doc to actulay fix the pb=
.
May be Ryan could still help us?

Joel

*******
Controlez mieux votre consommation Internet...surfez Tiscali Complete...h=
ttp://tiscali.complete.be