[parisc-linux] Re: YA pb with PCI IDE (my merge 2.4.21-pre1)

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
16 Dec 2002 18:20:13 +0000

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 17:29, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> You mean the "IDE but no disks" patch:
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0212.2/0105.html ?
> If so, that might be relevant, but have davem's concerns about this IDE
> code being broken on big-endian machines been addressed?

Platform dependant.

The pre1 code fails if:
	You use the mmio ops not the pio ops on a big endian box (except PPC)
	Your pci_resource_foo() returns a value with the top 32bit used

Both of those are fixed in Marcelo's tree, although platforms may need
to define some functions. Dave has the updated code running on sparc64