[parisc-linux] problems with PCI IDE controller

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
16 Dec 2002 15:03:09 +0000

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 06:09, John Marvin wrote:

> > Is this a plug in card. For some reason it has been left in non native
> > mode so won't work as a plug in board.
>
> I don't think this is a problem. I have a similar card in my home PC, and
> it prints the same thing (re: not 100% native mode). Here is an excerpt
> from my PC's boot messages running 2.4.19:

A PC is a very different thing

In legacy mode the PCI BAR registers are ignored, the I/O decode is at
0x170 etc and interrupts are flagged by the ISA legacy not by the PCI
bus.

That isnt going to work very well on your average PA-RISC box. Most
probably you want to force the chip into native mode on pa-risc
hardware.