[parisc-linux] Re: Trap handler

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:55:21 +0000

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 11:41:25AM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> As jsm agreed, if interrupts were disabled when we took the fault,
> we can't re-enable them while handling a page fault.
> Where x86 disables interrupts seems ok to me.

um, there's a difference between a page fault and a TLB miss.  if you
have interrupts disabled and you take a page fault, something's gone
horribly wrong.  having interrupts disabled when you miss the TLB cache
is no big deal.  we _absolutely must not_ tamper with interrupt enable
state when handling a TLB miss.