[parisc-linux] Re: Trap handler

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 22:19:13 -0800

> > Here it is.
>
> well, something is just very broken, even this simple code triggers the
> bug:

and with Grant's help, it's fixed in 2.4.20-pa12 :)

question for willy/jsm, etc though:
the fix has to do with where we should return to after handling an
interruption. in pre-2.4.20 code we used to return to intr_return. Grant
thinks that is incorrect and changed it to intr_restore (basically just
doing the rfi). the -pa12 patch changes it back so it will handle
pending signals. The items that remain not handled are restoring I-bit,
softirqs (and irqstats) and rescheduling. We are not sure if those bits
are needed for interruptions....  can you guys shed some light on this?

thanks,
randolph