[parisc-linux] superio.c -BUG

jsoe0708@tiscali.be jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:10:01 +0100

Hi all,

>Working on lkcd port of Bruno Vidal on a b2k (gcc-3.0.4), I encounter th=
>following bug:
>Dump compression value is 0x0 ...
>Dump device index 0 ...
>Initialise iodc dump device:dump_iodc_init(): reset done
>dump_iodc_open(): get module info : 16
>dump_iodc_open(): get ENTRY INIT.
>kernel BUG at superio.c:109!
>WARNING! Stack pointer and cr30 do not correspond!
>Dumping virtual address stack instead
>
>What is troubling me in the code is the contradiction between code and
comments:
>        if ((results & 0x80) =3D=3D 0) {
>#ifndef CONFIG_SMP
>                /* HACK: need to investigate why this happens if SMP ena=
bled
>*/
>                BUG(); /* This shouldn't happen */
>#endif
>                return;
>        }
>
>[I am running here a kernel 2.4.19-pa24 + dump_patch of bruno but it is
>still  the same in 2.4.20]
>
>Can somebody could confirm me what is right: code or comment?

Stupid question isn't it? (Sorry I need rest)

Never the less, I would go further and notice that:
 results =3D inb(IC_PCI1+0);

I well find the declaration of inb as extern unsigned char inb(int addr);=

(in io.h) but can somebody explain me where this function is defined (I
scan all .c .h .s and do not find)?

Just to see if a wait does not have to be inserted after previous outb?

Thanks for attention,
    Joel

*******
Controlez mieux votre consommation Internet...surfez Tiscali Complete...h=
ttp://tiscali.complete.be